Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Week 11: Cyberpunk & Steampunk

This week's theme was cyberpunk and steampunk, and I read "Johnny Mnemonic". At first it was very hard to follow with what the story was about, but as I kept reading and rereading some parts, I had an idea. At the end of it I had to check if I was on the right path by googling the summary. In some ways I did enjoy it and in others I didn't. It was interesting to see this world come to life, however, because I had difficulty in understanding everything, it took away from the experience. I do believe however that in the future we will have similar worlds to those portrayed in these types of books, movies, short stories, etc. Technology is developing so far ahead that I completely see us headed in this direction; whether it ends up being utopian or dystopian is obviously unknown. I like to read and watch movies about both worlds because at the end of it all I reach the same conclusion, there will always be malfunctions in technology no matter how advanced it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment