Friday, February 26, 2016

Week 7: Magic

This week's theme is magic, and the main texts being Harry Potter and Night Circus. I personally loved Night Circus because of its originality. I've seen and heard of many circus stories and none like this one. I really enjoyed watching the storyline unfold and the introduction of the main characters. I also found it very interesting the way the story kept switching between past and present. Many times I would read a book with a similar style and it wouldn't be pulled off as well as in Night Circus. As for Harry Potter, I think I can speak for many of us when I say we basically grew up on that, and watched all the characters grow. What I found pretty cool was the fact that just because Harry and all of them were in a magical school, didn't mean that they didn't go through many of the things we "muggles" go through. Sports, mean kids, awful teachers, and those who actually believe in you and want to see you succeed. I believe that making a character connect with the audience in some way is very important because it creates a tie.

No comments:

Post a Comment