Monday, February 22, 2016

Week Five: Witches

This week I read "The Tough Guide to Fantasyland" by Diana Wynne Jones. I very much enjoyed this book because of all the detail and funny/cute definitions. This was basically a tourists guide, but for fantasyland. Diana include almost all classic tropes in this guide and majority of them I was able to recognize right away. Another reason I was able to read this with ease and understand every definition was because I recently finished watching Once Upon A Time, which is a TV series based on Disney's characters and their stories. You can pick this book up and read it in the traditional way, front to back, or you can choose any random page and still be just as entertained. This book really got me laughing especially because all the fantastical tropes are very much put out there and in many ways ridiculed for the repetitive and overused cliches that they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment